|Name / Japanese||Agnes Flora / アグネスフローラ|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||6-5 / 2-1|
|Dam (Sire)||Agnes Lady (Remand)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Three-Year-Old Filly (1990)|
- Her dam, Agnes Lady, won the Yushun Himba (Japanese Oaks) (1979).
- Agnes Flora’s trainer is Hiroyuki Nagahama.
Agnes Lady’s trainer is Hikosaburo Nagahama, who is Hiroyuki Nagahama’s father.
- In every race, Agnes Flora’s jockey was Hiroshi Kawachi.
Kawachi was Agnes Lady’s main jockey.
|New Comers Race||4||1|
|Elfin Stakes (OP)||6||1|
|Tulip Sho (OP)||5||1||G|
|Oka Sho (G1)||9||1||◆|
|Yushun Himba (Japanese Oaks) (G1)||20||2||◆|
- In the New Comers Race, she was easy to win by 10 lengths.
After that, she won three in a row.
She went into Oka Sho as the main contender for the classic races.
- In the Oka Sho, the first classic race, she was 1st favorite.
She took the lead 200m before the finish-line and won by 1+1/4 lengths.
It was her first G1 win.
Her jockey, Hiroshi Kawachi, said “A fallen horse accident on the way out made her running outside, and she was a little scared at times. But she recovered well. She is a real gutsy horse.”
- In the Yushun Himba (Japanese Oaks), the second classic race, she was 1st favorite.
She took the lead in the home stretch.
Eishin Sunny passed Agnes Flora 100m before the finish-line.
Agnes Flora finished 2nd.
- After the race, she was found to have a bone fracture in her left front leg and was rested.
She was trying to make a comeback, but furthermore, she developed bowed tendon and retired.
- She’s produced two classic race winners.
Agnes Flight won the Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (2000).
Agnes Tachyon won the Satsuki Sho (2001).
Agnes Tachyon won the Leading sire in Japan (2008).
Both horses were entrusted to Hiroyuki Nagahama’s stable and Hiroshi Kawachi was their main jockey.
- She and her crops were often weak-legged horses.
Agnes Flight was suffered bowed tendon and rested over one year.
Agnes Tachyon retired after only four races due to bowed tendon.
Daiwa Scarlet, Agnes Tachyon’s crop, was suffered her weak-legged and retired due to bowed tendon.