|Name / Japanese||Dyna Gulliver / ダイナガリバー|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||13-5 / 5-2|
|Dam (Sire)||Your Sport (Bounteous)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / en.netkeiba|
|Awards||Yushun Award for Best Three-Year-Old Colt (1986)
Yushun Award for Horse of the Year (1986)
All G1 races + grade races he won
|Kyodo Tsushin Hai Yonsai Stakes (G3)||1||1||G|
|Satsuki Sho (G1)||15||10||◆|
|Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||6||1||◆|
|Kikuka Sho (G1)||14||2||◆|
|Arima Kinen (G1)||6||1||◆|
|Arima Kinen (G1)||9||14||◆|
- In the Kyodo Tsushin Hai Yonsai Stakes, he was 1st favorite.
He won by 1+3/4 lengths.
It was his first grade race win.
- In the Satsuki Sho, the first classic race, he was 2nd favorite.
His running was slow.
He finished in 10th place.
- Before the Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby), Zenya Yoshida, founder and general manager of Shadai Group, declared that he was going to win the Derby with Dyna Gulliver.
(When Dyna Gulliver was born, Yoshida was so impressed with his magnificent body that he said, “We got a Derby horse.”)
He was 3rd favorite.
In the home stretch, Grandpa’s Dream on the inside and Dyna Gulliver in the middle competed hard.
Dyna Gulliver took the lead about 100m before the finish-line.
It was his first G1 win.
It was also the first Derby win for Shadai Group, for which Shadai Farm had been the leading breeder 21 times before.
The jockey Sueo Masuzawa won the Derby for the second time in his career.
He won the Derby at 48 years, 7 months and 5 days.
That’s still the oldest record in Japan. (As of September 30, 2020)
- In the Kikuka Sho, the last classic race, he lost to Mejiro Durren by 1/2 lengths.
- In the Arima Kinen (1986), he was 4th favorite.
he took the lead in the home stretch and won.
Gallop Dyna, owned by the same owner as him, was second.
Yoshida grabbed the reins of both Dyna Gullver and Gallop Dyna at the awards ceremony, which was the topic of conversation.
- He won the Yushun Award for Best Three-Year-Old Colt (1986) and Yushun Award for Horse of the Year (1986).
As a sire
- Despite being the first Derby horse they produced, the Shadai Group did not make him a stallion at the Shadai Stallion Station.
- He worked as a stallion at Lex Stud and did quite well.
- Fight Gulliver won the Oka Sho.
She is the only one of his crops to win a G1 race.
Amazon Japan associate
If you are blocking ads in this website, I would appreciate it if you would stop.