|Name / Japanese||Fusaichi Concorde / フサイチコンコルド|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||5-3 / 2-1|
|Dam (Sire)||Ballet Queen (Sadler’s Wells)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|New Comers Race||12||1||G|
|Sumire Stakes (OP)||12||1|
|Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||13||1||◆|
|Cassiopeia Stakes (OP)||10||2|
|Kikuka Sho (G1)||4||3||◆|
- He had pneumonia before his debut, which may have been the cause of his inverse body temperature.
He was a very sickly horse that developed a fever when transported.
- He’s won two straight races since his debut, but due to his sickly condition, he’s had to bypass the first classic race, Satsuki Sho, to go for the Tokyo Yushun.
He tried to run in the Principal Stakes, a trial race before the Tokyo Yushun, but was unable to due to a fever.
He was not sure if he would be able to run in the Tokyo Yushun because of the low amount of prize money he had earned, but he was able to run.
After that, he had another fever and his trainer even thought of canceling the Tokyo Yushun.
- In the Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby), the second classic race, he was 7th favorite.
Dance in the Dark was 1st favorite, Royal Touch was 2nd favorite and Ishino Sunday was 3rd favorite.
Fusaichi Concorde ran in the middle of the pack.
Dance in the Dark took the lead in the home stretch.
Fusaichi Concorde followed Dance in the Dark and passed.
The TV commentator in charge of this race had an image of the supersonic airliner Concorde and shouted, “From the outside, the finishing-kick of speed of sound is about to burst!”
The finishing-kick of speed of sound (音速の末脚) has become synonymous with him.
It was his first G1 win.
It had been 53 years since Kurifuji won the Derby on the third race after making a debut.
- He didn’t run many races after that, partly due to fever and partly due to weakness in his legs, so he retired.
His bloodline and siblings.
- His dam, Ballet Queen, is a broodmare imported by Shadai Farm.
He is the crop that was in the womb when the Ballet Queen was imported.
That’s why his bloodline is very European.
He’s a 3 x 3 cross of Northern Dancer.
- He’s sired over a thousand racehorses since he became a stallion.
Balance of Game, Blue Concorde and Osumi Haruka are his representative crops.
He’s not exactly a very successful sire.
- Grace Admire (sire: Tony Bin) is his sister.
She was active as a racehorse and as a mare, breeding Lincoln and Victory.
- Miracle Admire (sire: Tony Bin) is his brother.
He didn’t make it as a racehorse, but his pedigree made him a stallion.
He is a sire of Company.
- Born King (sire: Sunday Silence) is his brother.
He won the Keisei Hai (G3).
- Unrivaled (sire: Neo Universe) is his brother.
He won the Satsuki Sho (G1).
- He was sometimes called the 和製ラムタラ (Japanese Lammtarra).
The reason for this is his European pedigree, the fact that he was sickly and suffered from pneumonia, and the fact that he won the Derby in his third race.