|Name / Japanese||Leontes / リオンディーズ|
|Races-Wins / G1-Wins||5-2 / 3-1|
|Dam (Sire)||Cesario (Special Week)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Two-Year-Old Colt (2015)|
|2yo New Comers||15||1||G|
|Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes (G1)||15||1||◆|
|Hochi Hai Yayoi Sho (G2)||10||2||G|
|Satsuki Sho (G1)||16||5||◆|
|Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||12||5||◆|
- In the Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes, he was 2nd favorite.
Air Spinel was 1st favorite, and Air Spinel’s jockey Yutaka Take was in the spotlight because if he won, he would have won all the flat G1 races in Japan.
Leontes ran at the back of the pack of horses.
In the home stretch, Air Spinel took the lead and Leontes came from behind.
Leontes finally passed Air Spinel and won by 3/4 lengths.
It was his first G1 win.
He became the first horse in history to win the Asahi Hai in his second race since the establishment of the grade system.
He won the G1 race 29 days after his debut, the fastest in history, along with Stinger in 1998.
- In the Hochi Hai Yayoi Sho, he was 1st favorite.
Makahiki was 2nd favorite and Air Spinel was 3rd favorite.
Leontes was passed by Makahiki and finished 2nd.
- In the Satsuki Sho, he was 2nd favorite.
Satono Diamond was 1st favorite and Makahiki was 3rd favorite.
It was very windy that day, with the wind direction being a tailwind on the home stretch and a headwind on the backstretch.
Leontes was forced off the pace by the wind and finished in 4th place.
He was then dropped to fifth place for obstructing Air Spinel in the home stretch.
the winner was Dee Majesty.
- In the Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby), he was 4th favorite.
He came from the back of the pack to finish 5th.
- He later retired due to injury.
- Cesario is his dam.
She had a wonderful career as a racehorse and as a broodmare.
- Epiphaneia (sire: Symboli Kris S) is his older brother.
- Saturnalia (sire: Lord Kanaloa) is his younger brother.
As a sire
- He was not as promising as his brother and brother as a stallion, but the low stud fee brought many broodmares to him.
- Pink Kamehameha is his crop.
Pink Kamehameha is the younger brother of Sweep Tosho by 17 years.
He won the Saudi Derby held in Saudi Arabia in 2021.
He then ran in the UAE Derby, finished 10th, and returned to Japan.
He ran in the Unicorn Stakes in Japan, but died of acute heart failure during the race.