|Name / Japanese||Manhattan Cafe / マンハッタンカフェ|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||12-6 / 4-3|
|Dam (Sire)||Subtle Change (Law Society)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / en.netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Older Male Horse (2002)
Leading sire in Japan (2009)
All grade races
|Hochi Hai Yayoi Sho (G2)||7||4||G|
|St.Lite Kinen (G2)||14||4||G|
|Kikuka Sho (G1)||2||1||◆|
|Arima Kinen (G1)||4||1||◆|
|Nikkei Sho (G2)||8||6||G|
|Tenno Sho (Spring) (G1)||4||1||◆|
|Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (G1)||8||13||G|
- Manhattan Cafe had a weak constitution until the fall of 2001 (age 3).
The Kikuka Sho was the only classic race he had left to run.
- In the Kikuka Sho, he was 6th favorite.
Meiner Despot became a front runner and made the pace.
None of the horses except Manhattan Cafe could catch up with Meiner Despot.
Manhattan Cafe passed Meiner Despot just before the finish-line.
Jungle Pocket, this year’s Derby horse, was 4th.
It was his first G1 win.
- In the Arima Kinen, he was 3rd favorite.
He defeated T.M. Opera O and Meisho Doto and won the race.
The name of the top three horses in this race became a hot topic associated with September 11 attacks in USA.
(1st: Manhattan Cafe, 2nd: American Boss, 3rd: To the Victory)
- In the Tenno Sho (Spring), it was said that Manhattan Cafe, Jungle Pocket and Narita Top Road were top-three horses.
Manhattan Cafe ran a good course and took the lead in the home stretch.
Jungle Pocket and Narita Top Road could not catch up with Manhattan Cafe.
- In the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, he finished in 13th place.
After that race he was found to have developed flexor tendonitis and retired.
- There are such as Queens Ring, Hiruno d’Amour, Red Desire, Grape Brandy and Jo Cappuccino in his crops.
- He is a stallion that is similar to his sire Sunday Silence and brings out the features of dams.
- He has appeared in the drama as the role of Sunday Silence because he looks like Sunday Silence.
Amazon Japan associate
If you are blocking ads in this website, I would appreciate it if you would stop.