|Name / Japanese||Max Beauty / マックスビューティー|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||19-10 / 4-2|
|Dam (Sire)||Fujitaka Lady (Berber)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Three-Year-Old Filly (1987)|
All G1 races + grade races she won
|Oka Sho (G1)||1||1||◆|
|Sankei Sports Sho Yonsai Himba Tokubetsu (G2)||7||1||G|
|Yushun Himba (Japanese Oaks) (G1)||16||1||◆|
|Kobe Shimbun Hai (G2)||7||1||G|
|Kansai TV Rose Stakes (G2)||6||1||G|
|Queen Elizabeth II Cup (G1)||14||2||◆|
|Arima Kinen (G1)||16||10||◆|
- In the Oka Sho, the first classic race, she was 1st favorite.
She showed a great performance.
She took the lead in the home stretch and opened up more and more of a gap between her and the horses behind her.
She won by 8 lengths.
It was her first G1 win.
- In the Yushun Himba (Japanese Oaks), the second classic race, she was 1st favorite.
She took the lead in the home stretch.
She was easy to win by 2+1/2 lengths.
She became a Double Crown filly.
- In the Kobe Shimbun Hai, she beat colts and won.
- In the Queen Elizabeth II Cup, the last classic race, she was expected to be the second consecutive Triple Crown filly, following Mejiro Ramonu the year before.
She disobeyed her jockey and ran free.
She took the lead early at the beginning of home stretch.
She was passed by Talented Girl and lost the race.
She couldn’t beome a Triple Crown filly.
- Her mare-line traces back to Dai-2 Tyrant’s Queen.
Dai-2 Tyrant’s Queen is the dam of Tokino Minoru, who was called “幻の馬 (the Phantom Horse).”
(Tokino Minoru has won all 10 races and broken the record-time seven times.
And he died of tetanus 17 days after winning the Derby.)
Dai-2 Tyrant’s Queen’s progeny include other successful horses such as Green Grass.
- She gave birth to a filly named Max Jolly.
She only had one mare in her litter.
- Max Jolly was third in the Oka Sho and the Oaks.
She died suddenly after having her first foal.
The foal was a filly named Beauty Song.
- Beauty Song was so cherished that she was never used as a racehorse.
Beauty Song has had many children and grown the offspring of Max Beauty.
Kokorono Ai, the crop of Beauty Song, has won two G3 races and finished third in a G1 race.