|Name / Japanese||Mayano Top Gun / マヤノトップガン|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||21-8 / 7-4|
|Dam (Sire)||Alp Me Please (Blushing Groom)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Horse of the Year (1995)
JRA Award for Best Three-Year-Old Colt (1995)
All G1 races + Hanshin Daishoten (1996 1997)
|1995 05/11||Kyoto T3000||Kikuka Sho (G1)||10||1||◆|
|1995 24/12||Nakayama T2500||Arima Kinen (G1)||10||1||◆|
|1996 09/03||Hanshin T3000||Hanshin Daishoten (G2)||10||2||G|
|1996 21/04||Kyoto T3200||Tenno Sho (spring) (G1)||7||5||◆|
|1996 07/07||Hanshin T2200||Takarazuka Kinen (G1)||9||1||◆|
|1996 27/10||Tokyo T2000||Tenno Sho (autumn) (G1)||8||2||◆|
|1996 22/12||Nakayama T2500||Arima Kinen (G1)||3||7||◆|
|Hanshin Daishoten (G2)||9||1||G|
|1997 27/04||Kyoto T3200||Tenno Sho (spring) (G1)||4||1||◆|
- In the Kikuka Sho, he was the 3rd favorite.
He ran 4th from the first horse.
He took the lead on the last corner and won by 1+1/4 lengths.
He broke the record time.
It was his first G1 win.
- In the Arima Kinen (1995), he was the 6th favorite.
He was a front runner.
He ran with a slow pace, and he succeeded in escaping to the end.
- In the Hanshin Daishoten (1996), he was the 1st favorite.
He competed with Narita Brian hard in the home stretch.
He lost to Narita Brian.
The match up between he and Narita Brian was highly appreciated.
This race was called one of the best race in Japan.
- In the Tenno Sho (spring 1996), he lost to Sakura Laurel.
- In the Takarazuka Kinen, he was the 1st favorite because there weren’t Narita Brian and Sakura Laurel.
He took the lead in the home stretch.
He won without being used a stick.
- In the Tenno Sho (spring 1997), he stayed off the pace.
Marvelous Sunday’s jockey marked on Sakura Laurel.
Sakura Laurel made a movement early and Marvelous Sunday followed Sakura Laurel.
Sakura Laurel and Marveous Sunday competed hard in the home stretch.
Mayano Top Gun came from behind and overtook Sakura Laurel and Marvelous Sunday 50m before the finish-line.
Mayano Top Gun broke the record time by as much as 3 seconds.
This race is said to be one of the best race of Tenno Sho (spring).
It is sometimes said to be the best race of Japanese horse racing in the 1990s.
- Mayano Top Gun won four GI races with different tactics.
For that reason, it was called “変幻自在の末脚” in Japanese.
Forcibly translate it into English, it is “Phantasmagoric Finishing Kick”.
In a more understandable expression, it should be such as “Transitional Finishing Kick”, “Protean Finishing Kick”, “Shape-shifting Finishing Kick” and “Various Finishing Kick”
- His jockey Seiki Tabara decided a tactics after starting a race due to his rough temper.
- G1 horse was not born to him.
He is a sire of over ten G2 or G3 horses.