|Name / Japanese||Meisho Samson / メイショウサムソン|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||27-9 / 15-4|
|Dam (Sire)||My Vivien (Dancing Brave)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / en.netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Three-Year-Old Colt (2006)
JRA Special Award (2007)
All G1 races + grade races he won
|Fuji TV Spring Stakes (G2)||16||1||G|
|2006 16/04||Nakayama T2000||Satsuki Sho (G1)||5||1||◆|
|2006 28/05||Tokyo T2400||Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||2||1||◆|
|2006 22/10||Kyoto T3000||Kikuka Sho (G1)||12||4||◆|
|2006 26/11||Tokyo T2400||Japan Cup (G1)||11||6||◆|
|2006 24/12||Nakayama T2500||Arima Kinen (G1)||8||5||◆|
|Sankei Osaka Hai (G2)||3||1||G|
|2007 29/04||Kyoto T3200||Tenno Sho (Spring) (G1)||6||1||◆|
|2007 24/06||Hanshin T2200||Takarazuka Kinen (G1)||17||2||◆|
|2007 28/10||Tokyo T2000||Tenno Sho (Autumn) (G1)||1||1||◆|
|2007 25/11||Tokyo T2400||Japan Cup (G1)||10||3||◆|
|2007 23/12||Nakayama T2500||Arima Kinen (G1)||1||8||◆|
|2008 04/05||Kyoto T3200||Tenno Sho (Spring) (G1)||8||2||◆|
|2008 29/06||Hanshin T2200||Takarazuka Kinen (G1)||2||2||◆|
|2008 05/10||Longchamp T2400||Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (G1)||5||10||G|
|2008 30/11||Tokyo T2400||Japan Cup (G1)||2||6||◆|
|2008 28/12||Nakayama T2500||Arima Kinen (G1)||9||8||◆|
- In the Satsuki Sho, the first classic race, Meisho Samson was the 6th favorite.
Admire Moon was the 1st favorite.
Meisho Samson took the lead in the home stretch and won.
It was his first G1 win.
(Dream Passport: 2nd , Admire Moon: 4th)
- In the Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby), the second classic race, he was the 1st favorite.
He took the lead in the home stretch.
He won by a neck, but his jockey Mamoru Ishibashi had to loosen the reins so he could afford to win.
- In the Kikuka Sho, the last classic race, he was expected to win the Triple Crown.
He finished in 4th place.
He couldn’t become a Triple Crown Horse.
- He lost to Deep Impact in the Japan Cup (2006) and Arima Kinen (2006).
- In 2007 (age 4), he finished 1st in the Tenno Sho (Spring) and 2nd in the Takarazuka Kinen.
His connections decided to challenge the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe.
His pedigree was considered alien to Japan, and some thought he was suited to Europe.
However he got a positive reaction of Equine influenza (horse flu).
His connections were forced to give up going Europe.
- In the Tenno Sho (Autumn 2007), he was the 1st favorite.
He won defeating Daiwa Major and Admire Moon.
- In the Tenno Sho (Spring), he lost to Admire Jupiter by a head.
If Asakusa Kings (No.13) hadn’t hit him, he might have won.
- In the Takarazuka Kinen, Asakusa Kings (No.11) hit him again. [Patrol Video]
He finished in 2nd place again.
His jockey Yutaka Take was angry with Asakusa Kings’ jockey Hirofumi Shii.
- In the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, which his connections had been waiting for him to run, he lost without a show.
His characteristics that are often mentioned.
- Most of his impressions are of solidity, muddiness, and professionalism.
He was a very strong horse, but he didn’t stand out much.
(Partly because Deep Impact, Admire Moon, Vodka, and Daiwa Scarlet were so flashy.)
- He didn’t get badly injured, and he made major races exciting for a long time.
Amazon Japan associate
If you are blocking ads in this website, I would appreciate it if you would stop.
Tags: Derby Horse, Turf