|Name / Japanese||Narita Brian / ナリタブライアン|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||21-12 / 10-5|
|Dam (Sire)||Pacificus (Northern Dancer)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Two-Year-Old Colt (1993)
JRA Award for Horse of the Year (1994)
JRA Award for Best Three-Year-Old Colt (1994)
|Honours||Japan Racing Association Hall of Fame (1998)|
- Biwa Hayahide is his half-brother one year older.
- He became afraid of his own shadow, so he started wearing a shadow roll.
He was later called “シャドーロールの怪物 (The Shadowroll Monster)”.
All G1 races + grade races he won
|1993 12/12||Nakayama T1600||Asahi Hai Sansai Stakes (G1)||8||1||◆|
|Kyodo Tsushin Hai Yonsai Stakes (G3)||2||1||G|
|Fuji TV Spring Stakes (G2)||2||1||G|
|1994 17/04||Nakayama T2000||Satsuki Sho (G1)||1||1||◆|
|1994 29/05||Tokyo T2400||Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||17||1||◆|
|1994 06/11||Kyoto T3000||Kikuka Sho (G1)||4||1||◆|
|1994 25/12||Nakayama T2500||Arima Kinen (G1)||11||1||◆|
|Hanshin Daishoten (G2)||1||1||G|
|Tenno Sho (autumn) (G1)||7||12||◆|
|Japan Cup (G1)||3||6||◆|
|Arima Kinen (G1)||8||4||◆|
|1996 09/03||Hanshin T3000||Hanshin Daishoten (G2)||2||1||G|
|Tenno Sho (spring) (G1)||4||2||◆|
|Takamatsunomiya Hai (G1)||5||4||◆|
- In the Asahi Hai Sansai Stakes, he was the 1st favorite.
He won easily by 3+1/2 lengths.
It was his first G1 win.
He won the JRA Award for Best Two-Year-Old Colt (1993).
- In the Satsuki Sho, the first classic race, he was by far the most favorite.
He won by 3+1/2 lengths.
He broke under two minutes for the first time in Satsuki Sho history.
He broke the race record and course record.
- In the Tokyo Yushun, he won by 5 lengths.
He became a Double Crown horse.
- Many people were paying attention to his first confrontation with his older brother, Biwa Hayahide, at the Arima Kinen (1994).
A week before the Kikuka Sho, Biwa Hayahide lost and injured in the Tenno Sho (autumn).
Biwa Hayahide retired due to the injury, so the showdown was not realized.
- In the Kikuka Sho, the third classic race, he was expected to archive the Triple Crown.
He won by 7 lengths.
He became a Triple Crown horse easily.
- In the Arima Kinen (1994), he was the 1st favorite.
It was his first race to run with old horses.
He won convincingly by 3 lengths over the 2nd place finisher, Hishi Amazon, and by 5+1/2 lengths over the 3rd place finisher, Rice Shower.
- His run as a three-year-old is sometimes said to be the greatest of all time.
The catchphrase that “Satsuki Sho 3.1/2 lengths, Derby 5 lengths, Kikuka Sho 7 lengths” was used by JRA.
- In the Hanshin Daishoten (1995), he was easy to win by 7 lengths.
- After the Hanshin Daishoten (1995), he suffered an injury and continued unwilling results.
- In the Hanshin Daishoten (1996), he was the 2nd favorite.
Mayano Top Gun was the 1st favorite.
Narita Brian and Mayano Top Gun competed hard in the home stretch.
Narita Brian won the race.
It is said one of the best race in Japan horse racing history.
But Mayano Top Gun’s jockey Seiki Tabara said “It’s just a preliminary race before the Tenno Sho (spring)” and “If Narita Brian had returned to the top form, Mayano Top Gun wouldn’t have done it”.
- In the Takamatsunomiya Hai, he finished in 4th place.
Many people criticized the trainer for letting him run in a sprint race, as Narita Brian was gradually getting better in races over 3000m.
He retired after this race due to injury.