|Name / Japanese||North Flight / ノースフライト|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||11-8 / 3-2|
|Dam (Sire)||Shadai Flight (Hitting Away)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Older Filly or Mare (1994)|
|Fuchu Himba Stakes (G3)||3||1||G|
|Queen Elizabeth II Cup (G1)||14||2||◆|
|Sankei Sports Hai Hanshin Himba Tokubatsu (G3)||12||1||G|
|Kyoto Himba Tokubetsu (G3)||8||1||G|
|Yomiuru Milers Cup (G2)||5||1||G|
|Yasuda Kinen (G1)||5||1||◆|
|Swan Stakes (G2)||13||2||G|
|Mile Championship (G1)||9||1||◆|
- She was weak and grew slowly.
Her debut was 3 years old in May.
- In the Fuchu Himba Stakes, she won by 3/4 lengths.
It was her first grade-race win.
- In the Queen Elizabeth II Cup, the last classic race, she was 5th favorite.
Her speed was highly regarded, but people thought that the distance would be long for her.
She took the lead in the last stretch, but she was passed by Hokuto Vega.
She finished in 2nd place.
Her jockey Koichi Tsunoda said “When we took the lead, I thought we would win. But Hokuto Vega was “no mark” for me.”
- In the Yasuda Kinen, she was 5th favorite.
(1st favorite: Ski Paradise (FR), 2nd: Sayyedati (UK), 3rd: Sakura Bakushin O)
She took the lead 200m before the finish-line.
She won by 2+1/2 lengths.
It was her first G1 win.
- In the Swan Stakes, she lost to Sakura Bakushin O.
The distance was 1400m that Sakura Bakushin O was good at.
- In the Mile Championship, she won beating Sakura Bakushin O.
The distance was 1600m that North Flight was good at.
Sakura Bakushin O’s trainer said, “Whether Sakura Bakushin O wins or loses depends not on the distance but on whether North Flight is in her top-form.”
- Sakura Bakushin O was selected for JRA Award for Best Sprinter or Miler (1994).
North Flight was not selected for it in spite of winning two mile G1 races and beating Sakura Bakushin O in the Mile Championship.
- She won only one vote JRA Award for Horse of the Year (1994).
For this reason, the triple crown horse, Narita Brian, couldn’t won full votes.
- She was called “マイルの女王 (the Mile Queen, the Queen of Mile)”.
Her results of 1600m races were 5 wins out of 5 races.
Her results of 1700m races were 2 wins out of 2 races.
- Her stabler was a woman.
It was very rare at that time.
She is the first horse to win a G1 race with female stabler.
She called North Flight “フーちゃん (Fu chan)”, so many North Flight’s fan called her “Fu chan”.