|Name / Japanese||Sakura Bakushin O / サクラバクシンオー|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||21-11 / 5-2|
|Sire||Sakura Yutaka O|
|Dam (Sire)||Sakura Hagoromo (Northern Taste)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Sprinter or Miler (1994)|
All G1 races + grade races he won
|Nakayama T1200||Crystal Cup (G3)||8||1||G|
|Nakayama T1200||Sprinters Stakes (G1)||7||6||◆|
|Sprinters Stakes (G1)||12||1||◆|
|Load Derby Challenge Trophy (G3)||9||1||G|
|Yasuda Kinen (G1)||12||4||◆|
|Swan Stakes (G2)||17||1||G|
|Mile Champion Ship (G1)||12||2||◆|
|Sprinters Stakes (G1)||8||1||◆|
- In the Crystal Cup, he was the 1st favorite.
He won by 3+1/2 lengths.
It was his first grade race win..
- The Sprinters Stakes (1992) was a race that brought together the star horses of the short-distance world, such as Daitaku Helios, Nishino Flower, and Yamanin Zephyr.
He wasn’t yet capable of winning that race.
(1st: Nishino Flower)
It was his only losing race below 1400m.
- In the Sprinters Stakes (1993), he was the 2nd favorite.
He won by 2+1/2 lengths.
(2nd: Yamanin Zephyr, 3rd: Nishino Flower)
- In 1994, he lost to North Flight in the Yasuda Kinen and Mile Championship.
- He won the Sprinters Stakes (1994) defeating North Flight.
- After all, he could never win above 1600m.
(Below 1400m : 12 races – 11 wins, Above 1401m : 9 races – 0 win)
- During his active career, there was no Takamatsunomiya Kinen (G1) and there were few overseas races, so he has only two G1 wins.
However he was said to be the strongest sprinter ever before Lord Kanaloa came out.
(Of course some people still say.)
- His name is a very cool name and sounds great.
And it’s a very fitting name for him.
I’m sure there are plenty of people who have heard his name and become fans of him.
“Sakura” is a name his owner often uses.
“O” means king.
The meaning of “Bakushin (驀進) ” is to keep going straight.
Especially when the word is used to ignore obstacles and go straight ahead.
“The tank goes straight ahead. (While destroying obstacles.)”)
- He is a sire such as Shonan Kampf, Grand Prix Boss and Big Arthur.
- He is a dam-sire of Kitasan Black.
- His pedigree is the oldest surviving sire-line in Japan.