|Name / Japanese||Sakura Chiyono O / サクラチヨノオー|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||10-5 / 5-2|
|Dam (Sire)||Sakura Sedan (Sedan)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / en.netkeiba|
- Sakura Toko is his old full-brother.
He won a G3 race.
He sired Nehai Caesar.
- Sakura Hokuto O is his young half-brother.
He won the Asahi Hai Sansai Stakes (G1).
- His name was taken from the sumo wrestler Chiyonofuji.
(Chiyonofuji Mitsugu Wikipedia)
|Asahi Hai Sansai Stakes (G1)||5||1||◆|
|Kyodo Tsushin Hai Yonsai Stakes (G3)||3||4||G|
|Hochi Hai Yayoi Sho (G2)||7||1||G|
|Satsuki Sho (G1)||2||3||◆|
|Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||5||1||◆|
|Yasuda Kinen (G1)||4||16||◆|
|Takarazuka Kinen (G1)||12||16||◆|
- In the Asahi Hai Sansai Stakes, he was 1st favorite.
He continued to fight with Tsujino Shogun (No.6) for the lead right from the start of the race.
They continued to fight to the finish line, but Sakura Chiyono O won by a neck.
It was his first G1 win.
He became a two-year-old champion of the East, but was not selected for the JRA Award for Best Two-Year-Old Colt.
(The Best Two-Year-Old Colt went to Soccer Boy, who continued his amazing performance as a two-year-old and became the two-year-old champion of the West.)
- In the Hochi Hai Yayoi Sho, he was 2nd favorite.
He won by 2 lengths.
He defeated Soccer Boy.
- In the Satsuki Sho, the first classic race, he was 2nd favorite.
He lost to Yaeno Muteki and finished 3rd.
- In the Tokyo Yushun, the second classic race, he was 3rd favorite.
In the home stretch, he was passed by Mejiro Ardan once, but he passed Mejiro Ardan back and finished 1st.
He broke the race record.
- He then missed almost a year due to injury.
After he came back, he was no good at all.
Amazon Japan associate
If you are blocking ads in this website, I would appreciate it if you would stop.