|Name / Japanese||Soccer Boy / サッカーボーイ|
|Races-Win / G1-Win||11-6 / 4-2|
|Dam (Sire)||Dyna Sash (Northern Taste)|
|Other site link||JBIS / Umanity / netkeiba|
|Awards||JRA Award for Best Two-Year-Old Colt (1987)
JRA Award for Best Sprinter (1988)
Major Races Picked Up
|Hanshin Sansai Stakes (G1)||3||1||◆|
|Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1)||22||15||◆|
|Chunichi Sports Sho Yonsai Stakes (G3)||6||1||G|
|Hakodate Kinen (G3)||13||1||G|
|Mile Championship (G1)||14||1||◆|
|Arima Kinen (G1)||5||3||◆|
- In the Hanshin Sansai Stakes, he won by 8 lengths.
The time difference with the second place was 1.3 seconds.
He was called “Ten Point II” and “The Return of Ten Point”.
His finishing-kick was called “Bullet Shoot” (“Shot like a bullet”) from his name.
(In Japan, association football is commonly referred to as Soccer, due to the influence of American English.
And in Japan, a strong and beautiful shot is called a “弾丸シュート”.
“弾丸” means “Bullet”.
“シュート” is just the English word “Shoot”.)
- He could not run in the Satsuki Sho.
He had a lot of leg injuries due to his strong leg strength.
- In the Tokyo Yushun, he finished in 15th place.
His jockey said “Distance is long for him”.
- In the Hakodate Kinen, he won easily.
He broke the course record.
He still holds the course record. (※editted 15 July 2020)
(One of the reasons his record hasn’t been broken is the change from Japanese turf to European turf.)
- In the Mile Championship, he was 1st favorite.
He showed a great finishing kick.
He won by 4 lengths.
- In the Arima Kinen, he went wild in the starting gate and smashed his face, breaking his front teeth and bleeding.
He finished in 4th place.
Super Creek was disqualification.
Soccer Boy was changed the place to 3rd.
(1st: Oguri Cap, 2nd: Tamamo Cross)
- After that, he retired due to injury.
- The pedigree of his sire, Dictus, is said long-distance pedigree.
But there are many short-distance horses in Dictus’s crop due to a violent temper.
- Soccer Boy was of a violent temper more than anyone in the farm has ever seen.
- There are many long-distance horses such as Narita Top Road, Hishi Miracle, Kyoto City and Eye Popper in his crops.
Only one won the mile-grade race in JRA.
- He has a sister Golden Sash (sire Dictus).
Golden Sash is dam of Stay Gold (sire Sunday Silence).
Stay Gold also had a violent temper and was a long-distance horse.
Many Stay Gold’s crops have a lot of stamina and a violent temper.
(such as Dream Journey, Orfevre, and Gold Ship)